Avital's one-year Guaranteed Protection Plan is the most generous in the industry.
GPP refunds your comprehensive insurance deductible up to $2,500 if your car is
stolen with Avital® installed and armed – whether your vehicle is recovered
- The qualifying system was sold, installed, and serviced by an authorized dealer
for Directed, remains in the car in which the system was originally installed, and
owned by the original purchaser of the qualifying system. Window decals must have
been in place on the vehicle at the time of installation.
- The theft occurred less than one year after the date of purchase of the qualifying
- This GPP claim is made within sixty (60) days of settlement of your claim with your
insurance carrier. (90 days in New York state)
- The warranty registration card was completely filled out and mailed to Directed
within 10 days of purchase.
- The vehicle was stolen as a result of alarm system failure and the automobile was
not left in an inactive/disarmed mode for whatever reason, even if left at a service
- A police report must be filed and a copy submitted with your GPP claim.
- Vehicle must be insured against theft at the time vehicle was stolen.
- The insurance company must accept and pay the claim.
- A Directed starter kill device must have been installed on the vehicle and the sales
receipt must show starter kill installation.
Your claim MUST meet all of the criteria as stated above to be eligible to file
a claim for reimbursement of your comprehensive deductible. Any questions regarding
the GPP warranty must be submitted in writing to our office. Be sure to address
all correspondence, attention: GPP.
A product's warranty is automatically void if its date code or serial number is
defaced, missing, or altered. GPP does not cover vandalism, theft of vehicle parts,
contents, damage to vehicle and/or towing charges. Furthermore, vehicles that are
consigned or displayed for sale are not covered by the GPP program. GPP is not available
to employees, agents, friends or relatives of Directed or of its dealers. GPP does
not extend to or cover motorcycles or vehicles without lockable doors, ignition
systems and/or engine compartments.
The claimant is reminded that in consideration of this program and as a condition
precedent to the purchase of the Directed security system, the purchaser agrees
[agreed] that any and all claims and/or disputes between the purchaser and Directed
shall be decided in accordance with the laws of the State of California and the
exclusive and only venue for the same shall be California State Courts in San Diego
Instructions for Completing a Claim:
Claims for reimbursement must be submitted directly to Directed, attention: GPP.
All documents must be clear and legible true copies and once submitted, they become
the property of Directed. Processing cannot begin unless the claim is accompanied
by the all of the following:
- A copy of the ORIGINAL sales receipt from an authorized dealer showing: a.The brand
name and model number of the system and the date of installation b.The year, make
and model of the vehicle in which the system was installed. c .A Directed starter
kill device was installed with the system.# If you purchased your Directed system
through a car dealer, you must provide the name of the authorized installer who
installed the system for the dealer. (Note: it is the responsibility of the claimant
to provide this information and to do the necessary research.)
- A copy of the complete police report from the police agency to which the theft was
reported. Report must show details of the incident.
- A copy of the Declarations page of your insurance policy which indicates the amount
of your comprehensive deductible on the stolen vehicle, as of the date of theft
- A copy of the settlement check issued by your insurance company (regardless of who
the payee is). Your claim cannot be processed until your insurance company has settled
your claim with them. If a copy of the settlement check has not been provided to
you by the insurance company, please call your insurance agent for a copy. (Note:
insurance companies will only provide their insured with these records, it is therefore
your responsibility to obtain and forward the same to Directed.) Directed is not
able to process any claim that is submitted without all of the above requisite documentation.
Partial claims will be considered abandoned. Directed is not responsible and in
many instances unable to obtain the needed documentation. The person filing this
claim must make any inquiries to the police department, insurance company and/or
the authorized dealer. Please allow six to eight weeks for processing and determination
once you have submitted the required documentation. Any inquiries regarding this
claim must be made in writing, attention GPP.
Please send the above to: Voxx Electronics - Attention: GPP, 2351 J. Lawson Blvd., Orlando, FL 32824